A rich and creamy dip packed with lump crab meat with a spicy twist!
- 1 Pound of Special Crab or Jumbo Lump Crab
- ½ Jar of Papa Canzonetta’s Peppers Original Flavor (Reserve ¼ cup of oil to fry wontons)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Chopped Chives
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- Pinch Kosher salt & Ground White Pepper to Taste
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Wonton squares
- 2 cups of vegetable oil to ¼ cup oil from Papa Canzonetta’s Peppers Original Flavor
- Fold dip ingredients together gently.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Cut wontons diagonally into triangles.
- Using the Vegetable Oil and the Hot Pepper Oil, set Deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Fry wonton triangles. It only takes a few seconds for them to fry!
- Optional: Garnish Dip with Chives.
- Serve dip with fried wontons for scooping.
- Be amazed...
Find your perfect spice level!
You can also try using oil from Papa's Mild flavor peppers or Hot flavor peppers to take it up or down a notch on the heat level. Make it your own and let us know how they turned out on Facebook!
Other recipes you might like